Micro-organisms are very tiny living things that can be seen only with a microscope.
Micro-organisms that cause diseases and make us ill are often called germs.
Micro-organisms can live all around us, in the air, in our bodies and in water.
Some micro-organisms are harmful to us, but others are helpful to us.
Mushrooms – Some mushrooms can be eaten. There are many colourful kinds of fungi which are poisonous, although they do help materials to decay away, but they cannot be eaten.
Moulds – Moulds are small fungi, which cause bread and other organic materials to decay away.January 28, 2015